I respect your privacy. This is why I have taken the time to disclose my information collection practices. Please take the time to review this page.
I will act immediately on privacy issues however please allow up to 72 hours to receive a reply.
Please note that the third-party businesses/websites mentioned on this page each have their own privacy policies which you may choose to read also.
Collecting information provides specific benefits to my website visitors:
There are 3 reasons why information is collected on my web site:
- To allow you to create and maintain an account with me. Your name and contact information are examples of this information.
- To allow you to register for my email newsletters and/or social media updates. You must opt-in or register to receive newsletters and you have complete control over maintaining or deleting your subscription.
- So I can collect passive, non-identifiable information about user habits on my web site. This includes web site statistics and general information about how my site is used so I can better develop the site.
NOTE: I don’t store credit card details on my website. Any credit card information used for payment processing is passed to secure payment processing provider PayPal. If you choose to pay via my online invoicing account then your payment information will also be sent via Freshbooks.
Wikipedia describes a Cookie as: “A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website.”
This website uses ‘Cookies’ for several reasons: to help diagnose problems with my server, to administer our web site and to gather broad demographic information (this is how Google collect aggregated user data for example).
Both first-party cookies (those created by this website) and third-party cookies (those created by code added to this website by third-parties) are in use on this website.
If you want to learn how to remove cookies from your browser, Google your browser name and add the words “clear cookies” to your search.
I collect information for the following purpose(s):
- Completing or supporting an activity, including payment processing.
- Website and system administration.
- Research and development.
- Tailoring the website for its visitors.
- Building records of visitors without linking identifying information to the records for the purpose of research, analysis and reporting.
- Contacting my visitors (except via telephone) for promotion of the site or products, via email newsletters for example.
- Remarketing. This is where search engines and social media platforms such as Google or Facebook serve highly relevant ads to users (well, the computer they are using) based on the previous internet activity of their computer.
Who has access to the information I collect?
- I and/or my agents which utilise the information only for the purpose given.
- Website analytics data (no personally identifiable information) may be stored by Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Bing.
- Email newsletter system is management is by Campaign Monitor.
- The Commonwealth Bank (for accepting payment).
- Credit card processing is handled by PayPal Australia and possibly Freshbooks (as mentioned above).
How long is information kept?
Information is retained to meet a stated purpose, but the retention period is longer because of a legal requirement or liability.
If you believe that my website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact me.
Here are a few tips!
If you are really worried about protecting your privacy on the web try the Tor Browser.
If you want to stop Google Analytics from collecting even the most general data use their opt-out tool.